22 April 2017

Laurel Burch Mail Art at the Craft Barn - Monday 24th April

 
Hi everyone, I'm sharing another of my mail art postcards today which we're going to be making at the Craft Barn on Monday. I enjoy working with these images and they're great for colouring and masking too which is what we'll be doing. I made this a large postcard size turned to portrait orientation so I could create the scene.
 
 
I masked the images from the Blossoming woman set and used the template that comes with the set which helps with that. There's also a stencil included so the set is excellent value for money as you get both a positive and negative version of the female figure.
 
 
These cats are gorgeous, I've used the three from the Indigo Cats set (large, medium and small) and the single cat and bird stamp, Feline Friend. The stamps work so well with bright colours of distress inks which is what I've used together with pencils, a bit of white marker and some stickles for sparkle
I'll be sharing another postcard tomorrow.
Chris X

 

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I love this Chris -- I have some of these stamps and I do love the whimsy and all the bright colors. You certainly did rock my boat!
Sandy xx

Carol S. said...

Fabulous colours. Great images. Wish I could be there to do something really out of comfort zone. I was at Sandy's house on Thursday to give Ian a hair and beard cut! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Julia said...

These are stunning! I love these images. have fun at the class tomorrow and looking forward to seeing your next post. x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, this looks amazing!!! I just wished I lived a bit closer to the Craftbarn :o(

Cocofolies said...

A little Hi from me today, to tell you that I love this card, so fabulous!!! :-) Fantastic colours. Great stamps and genius composition!
Hugs, Corinne xx

Carole C. said...

Hello. This is gorgeous Chris.
Love it, wish I'd come to the class.
Carole xx